Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 13 April 2022

Art-efacts

One of the places on my list to visit in York was their excellent art gallery. They had an exhibition of art by the Bloomsbury Group but I eschewed that in favour of the gallery's own collections and an exhibition of Japanese Ukiyo-e prints, which was fascinating. They do allow photography in some areas, and for some reason I was drawn to making slightly abstract images that are mainly about light and shadow.

The small pool with fountains at the entrance (above) reminded me of Hockney's swimming pool paintings. 

A shelf full of mid-20th century glassware was eye-catching when the sun shone through the skylight: 

Ceramics with sinuous shapes caught my eye:

As did the structure of the building itself: 




 

3 comments: