Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Fashion and a Sense of Place

Update: flooding receding round here and didn't quite reach the Half Moon Café in the park, thankfully. Problems are now further downstream in places like York and Tadcaster.  So now, back to the Bankfield...

As befits a museum in the heart of West Yorkshire's textile heritage, Halifax's Bankfield Museum has a vast archive of textiles and fashion items. There is currently an exhibition called 'Belonging: Fashion & A Sense of Place', which links contemporary fashion with the culture, landscape and influences of West Yorkshire. It places historic garments alongside modern creations by a host of famous designers, as well as work by students at Leeds Arts University. The fashion world is one that rather passes me by (!) but it was all rather visually appealing and a feast of colour. 


The blurb alongside this creation (below) referenced something about mental health, I seem to recall. It does allow you to take your own huggy pillow everywhere (though some of us have built-in huggy pillows too!  😂 ) 


 

4 comments:

  1. Very bright clothes, I would wear a nice kimono style (even silk if I could afford it) dressing gown. I'd probably not get out of it until I had to go out! Mmm, I wonder if I can find such anywhere on line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of them look quite grand but where would I wear them? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous! Except that last one that looks like bedding.

    ReplyDelete