Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 10 February 2022

Blue light

Somewhat running out of photos and ideas... February is always a tricky month for getting out taking shots. I've been looking through my last year's work and I came across this one that I've not posted before. It's a simple image of one of Saltaire's street lights and I decided it was quite pleasing, with its limited colour palette and the contrast of the straight, strong metal and the random wood tracery. 

 

5 comments:

  1. I like how the light seems to imamate from the center of the photo, the lighter sky coloration gives that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the old gas lamp clock. Once a week a council man would come around with his sturdy ladder and wind them up. Then he would test it, WOOSH! True, one couldn't see much, but I found the old yellow gas lamps ticking away very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice shot! It is hard to get out here too because of the cold and the snow this winter.

    ReplyDelete