Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 28 December 2021

Bandstand


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2021: #10

The artist David Starley always produces a stunning mini-masterpiece for his Advent window, this year being his tenth window. He creates an original oil painting, then photographs it and prints onto acetate to make the backlit window screen. This year's subject (as I am sure I don't need to explain to my regular blog readers) is the bandstand in Roberts Park, along with one of the cannons that stand beside it. (For more about those, please see my earlier post HERE.) 

That's the last of this year's windows (though there were many more that I couldn't feature) and I hope you enjoyed them. It's a lovely tradition and we can be proud of our village and its creative community. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture...and thanks for the description. I wondered how it could be that big! They've all been most enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy these windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful but I'm kinda partial to the Dog Who Sipped Eggnog. Seems familiar...

    ReplyDelete