Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 7 December 2021

Lighting up


Storm Arwen, the other weekend, played havoc with many places' plans for a grand 'switch-on' of their Christmas lights. I heard that the contractors were unable to decorate Saltaire's Christmas tree due to the the high winds on Saturday. I'm not sure whether events went ahead exactly as planned though I think there was a festive market inside the Victoria Hall. Once the snow had abated on Sunday afternoon and I went out for a walk, all seemed quiet. The tree, in its usual place on the lawn in front of the Victoria Hall, had festive lights - and a light dusting of real snow.

4 comments:

  1. It all looks very festive. Apart from one of my neighbours, who thinks that Christmas begins in mid-November, I haven't seen any lights yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very beautiful...to have the sky lighted up as well as being able to see the tree lights!

    ReplyDelete