Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 9 December 2021

The rainbow and the rabbit


I wanted a walk, though initially it wasn't a promising forecast. Bolton Abbey is a good place to head on such a day, with plenty of places for coffee and lunch and a choice of scenic walks. The early morning rain soon abated, to leave a chilly but sunny day - perfect for enjoying the winter woodland and the fast-flowing River Wharfe, sated after the storms of the previous week. As I arrived at the Strid, where the river churns dramatically through a narrow gorge in the rocks, a rainbow revealed itself. At the same time I noticed the rabbit - not a real one but a patch of lichen or perhaps scraped rock on a boulder across the river. Do you see it? It put me in mind of 'Alice in Wonderland' and the White Rabbit: "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late." I didn't follow him and I wasn't late for anything... because how can you be when you're just strolling along on a Sunday morning? 

5 comments:

  1. That is lovely. It does look like a rabbit is sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great big white rabbit to me! I don't comment often, but do look at your blog almost every day, and with great enjoyment! You do take fine photos! And I am so glad you're getting out and about.....in spite of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. And you always have an interesting narrative. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your picture of the Strid is lovely! Yes, I can see the rabbit, but where is the black hat marked with the 2 shillings and 6 pence price tag?

    ReplyDelete