Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday, 17 September 2026

And finally - flowers


There are always flowers at these agricultural shows - and beautiful, colourful blooms they were too, despite the dry and dusty summer we've had. 

This time of year sees dahlias in bloom. Those below were quite an unusual variety, a gorgeous colour too. 


Such perfect 'lollipops'... 


I rather enjoyed this little cactus in bloom. They are rather underrated plants, I think, having such varied and exquisite forms and flowers. 



The arrangement above - Mirror Image -  had won numerous awards. It was certainly unusual and the little 'make-up brushes' fashioned from carnations had caught the judge's eye. 

I quite liked the one below - Teddy Bear's Picnic - simpler but effective. 


Some of the arrangements are auctioned off later in the day, to raise money for charity. 

4 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful, and I'm going to keep a couple or three around to cheer me up during winter...with attribution of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! I'm trying to understand the Mirror Image one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these, especially the dahlias and the Teddy Bear's picnic.

    ReplyDelete