There is a definite transition to autumn going on. The trees are starting to get that attractive green-gold mixture in their foliage. I really like the effect when you just glimpse the gold through curtains of green,
or when one bright coppery branch sweeps across a green background.
The River Wharfe was fringed by golden edges on its banks.
It's a good time of year for fungi. I thought the bracket fungus above, on a rotting log, was rather beautiful, though I have no idea which specific type it is.
Plants are dying back too. I think these (below) are butterbur, which start with weird pink flower spikes and then develop these enormous leaves that shrivel into cup shapes in autumn. Fascinating plants. I think the name came about because the leaves were used at one time to wrap butter to keep it cool.
The sun is getting lower in the sky too, shining its rays through the trees (and shining into my eyes on the drive home!)







Beautifully Autumn photographs, you have captured the first colours of the season.
ReplyDelete