Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Moo-ving


I always enjoy the chance to get close to the cattle at the agricultural shows, especially the shaggy highland breeds. This beauty (above) was judged the best of them all.  It had quite a haughty air! I wonder what they see, through all that hair? 



Some of them had calves, very sweet. I loved the way the little one was peeping round its handler. 



I'm not sure if these big fluffy bulls (above and below) were highland cattle or some other breed. They weren't quite as hairy and didn't have the same horns so I guess they are something else but I'm no expert! 



Talk about giving me the side eye! 

I briefly toyed with the idea of trying to throw some loo rolls into a bucket to win a highland cow stuffie... but thought better of it! My hand-eye co-ordination is less than zero so it was hardly worth the punt. (And I wasn't in the moo -d... OK, I'll see myself out!) I did see one lady who managed to land one roll - but you had to get two for a big toy so she only won a small one. The child she was with seemed happy enough with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment