Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 21 January 2024

Harlow Carr #2


Our gardens may be wintering but if you look closely there are many signs of life. I love seeing the fluffy little buds of willow. You can see why it's called 'pussy-willow'. 

Witch hazel (hamamelis) flowers are like a million little fireworks exploding: 


I'm not sure what the tree below is, but it had attractive red buds: 


The flowers of cyclamen are so boldly coloured that they shout for attention even though they are tiny and look delicate. They are often paired with hellebores though I'm not sure whether that's what the green buds are: 


The waxy, creamy-white flowers below are definitely hellebores, sometimes called 'Christmas roses'. 


The little purple blossoms are a variety of daphne, I think. Some of them have a very strong, sweet scent though I couldn't smell these. 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see buds in a garden, which will happen eventually here, if only I'm patient enough. Months to go I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to actually see flowers outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of pretty flowers and furry buds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! Aloha from Honolulu!

    ReplyDelete