Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 19 January 2024

Betwixt and between


Frustratingly, there is a big hold-up in the legal processes for the purchase of my new flat, waiting for some information that I'm informed has not even been requested yet! (Not my solicitor's fault.) So it could be several weeks before I can move. Frankly it is 'doing my head in' as they say colloquially. I can't do anything to expedite it though, so I just have to chill. You'd think chilling would be effortless when the temperature outside hovers around 0°C but it ain't easy! 

At least we've had some drier and brighter weather. My favourite stretch of the canal looked beautiful the other day. They are about to close this length to do repairs and upgrade the towpath, so I'm making the most of it before it is barred. 


One of the little bridges over Load Pit Beck is more visible now the vegetation has died back. I'd not really noticed before that even this has been built with a Victorian Gothic arch, as was the style for all of the Milner Field estate. 

Further up the Coach Road, it almost looked spring-like with the sun coming through the trees. 

So here I am, betwixt and between in every way! Reaching for the light, like the new shoots that are just beginning to appear in my garden tubs. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for the delay for your move. That's frustrating and I'm glad you are taking it in stride. Thought I'd certainly kick something with that situation. Loved the reflected bridge arch photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot of the bridge is super. Good luck staying calm as you wait out the legal system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! But your pictures are beautiful--the last one looks like hope.

    ReplyDelete