Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Sunday therapy

What's your preferred Sunday therapy? Exercise, shopping, visiting galleries, browsing books? Saltaire offers all of those, providing a wide variety of ways to relax at weekends. After the brief spell of snow, it seemed half of the world was out last Sunday, making the most of the sunshine and meeting with friends and family in the village. 

The once-monthly farmer's market was doing a brisk trade on Caroline's car park. I managed to get a jar of Yorkshire's best marmalade but the hand-made chocolates had all been sold when I arrived. (Probably a good thing!) 

The canal towpath was busy with joggers, dog walkers and people just out enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. 


Salts Mill's bookshop was busy - there was even a queue at the cash desk! It's always dangerous for me to go in there, as a book usually smiles at me and attaches itself firmly to my hand. This time I bought a recipe book for cooking vegetarian meals in one pot. It looks to have 'my kind' of easy recipes - chop, combine and cook for less than half an hour to make a colourful, healthy and flavoursome dish. Even after a lifetime of cooking, I need some fresh ideas now and again. 

I also treated myself to a wander around Hockney's 'Arrival of Spring' gallery. I love the colourful pictures and it's good to be reminded that Spring is on its way, despite March's snow. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh no chocolate! Book of easy recipes is a good substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came home form that bookstore with a handful of books that made my luggage quite heavy. I like to go for a walk & explore on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete