Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 31 March 2023

A pop-up garden


As I walked past the allotments belonging to Shipley College's horticultural department, my eye was drawn to multi-coloured bunting strung between the pea sticks. That's not usually there, nor are the large, brightly coloured signs. I'm not sure what was happening but it looked like there was a special display - for an open day maybe. Because the plots are used by students for practice and learning, the gardens change all the time. It's the garden equivalent of a flash mob! One day there'll be a lawn being laid, then that will be ripped up and some raised beds constructed and planted. There are some fruit trees and a few other trees, planted a few years ago, that seem more or less permanent, but everything else changes quite often. 

5 comments:

  1. It all looks o neat & tidy unlike my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what students come up with (or their teachers) to demonstrate new ideas. I learned a lot when in a community garden at University of FL, while I studied art and grew a few things in winter/spring, like valdalia onions, snow peas, broccoli (which bolted in FL sun) and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In contrast to my own garden, everything looks so organised and in order.
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/03/why-your-toothache-hurts-more-at-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passing a nearby middle school yesterday, I was pleased to ee a gaggle of students out tending their garden.

    ReplyDelete