Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 17 March 2023

Thruscross circular #2


Here are a few more photos from my walk round Thruscross reservoir, under brooding skies. I did get a bit wet, though it didn't rain all the time. Happily I'd remembered to wear my waterproof overtrousers, so I didn't get too soggy. 

In the photo below, you can just see the retaining dam in the far distance. The car park is at the far end and uphill from there, so it is a fair old walk all the way round. I love to see the sky reflected in the water. It almost had a metallic look to it, steel grey clouds and lots of wide sky.   


From the dam wall, over which the approach road runs, you can look down the opposite side to see the spillway (below). I'm not sure what the two rectangular structures are; something to do with the Yorkshire Water infrastructure. 

One last look from the dam wall back up the reservoir. The full circular walk is described HERE.


5 comments: