Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 11 March 2023

Snow!


It snowed heavily overnight on Thursday so that by Friday morning we'd had about four inches down here in the valley. (Clearly much more on higher ground.) I obviously needed to get out there with my camera! Good snow is quite a rare event these days round here, it seems. I had a pleasant walk; it wasn't really cold and, indeed, by the time I returned home the sun was out and it was thawing rapidly. 


6 comments:

  1. What an opportunity for a photographer! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. I particularly like the tracks and the open gate in the first photo, which seem to tell a story of a farmer out early to check on his animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish snow was a rare event here. We got another dump of it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is so beautiful. (This is from someone who doesn't have it more than once or twice a year and only 1-3 inches at most ordinarily.) Glad the temperature wasn't frigid! Thanks for the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Snow!
    A nice walk in beautiful country. I'm glad you didn't have wind chill to deal with.

    ReplyDelete