Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 1 May 2022

On the woodland floor

During our photography visit to Heber's Ghyll, I was not only looking for broader views but for small points of interest or 'intimate landscapes'. Here are a few that caught my eye:  

- the beads of rain on the grasses, and the geometric arrangement of grass and stems,

- the bright new flowers of this plant, which I think is wood spurge (euphorbia),

- this fungus, which I believe is known by the very appropriate name of 'jelly ears', slightly repellant to me! 


- the bright green of these 'hart's tongue' ferns, contrasting with the water below. They are far from perfect but I like the tinges of rust and amber. 

- a pine cone lying on a mossy bed, which seemed a good candidate for a mono conversion,

- as did the remains of last autumn's leaves, decaying gently underfoot. 


3 comments:

  1. The jelly ear fungus reminds me of a James Herriot tale. The Yorkshire farmers then gave their cows names. One was called "Kipper Lugs", which amused me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely details here. You sure have a good photographer's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your second shot is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete