Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 21 April 2023

Space and beyond


Just messing about with a panoramic photo I took on my phone in Roberts Park. These 'tiny planets' do offer a different slant on life, spinning off into space. The cricket pavilion is foremost in the image but you can also see the Half Moon Café across the grass and Salts Mill in the distance. 

(It's altogether more successful as a space probe than Elon Musk's SpaceX Starship rocket that experienced a 'rapid unscheduled disassembly' yesterday. 😞  I can't quite understand how we put men on the moon in 1969 and have made endless, almost routine trips, to the ISS and yet these latest rockets keep failing. Is it that NASA and other space agencies won't share their data with a private venture? It's clear someone knows how to build and launch rockets, even if Elon Musk and Richard Branson don't. ) 

On another tack, I note that this is my 1000th post on this blog, not to mention the nearly 4000 on my previous blog. I never imagined when I started in 2009 that it would become such an addictive pleasure!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on publishing so many posts - all of them excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool shot!

    I don't particularly think someone like Elon Musk deserves success in such a venture, or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 1,000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, 5000 posts ago, do you remember setting up your fist blog? I do, though not that many on one blog, or even two. I experimented with different subject matter, and still follow that to keep the two I write almost daily going. You are quite the queen of blogland! Congratulations BlogQueen Jenny!

    ReplyDelete