Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 26 September 2020

Spirit lifters

In these darkening days - both literally and figuratively - it is easy to feel a bit low and only to notice the negatives. Some days even a walk doesn't lift my mood so it is good to focus on the small things that do uplift my spirits - things like the wild clouds the other day that appeared to be streaming, like static, from this tree, almost as though the summer was flowing out of it and leaving it with autumn tints.   

Or the cloud that seemed to have brought Salts Mill chimney back to life, like the smoke that once issued from it in its heyday. 

I'm not one for kitsch, either in my home or in my garden and I'm not usually fond of garden ornaments, but this little guy seems to have wormed his way into my affections. I pass him quite regularly on my walks and he always waves and smiles. Such a cheerful little chap. 


 

7 comments:

  1. Great clouds...and I even have my spirits lifted just seeing that tree...and then there's the little guy with his wheelbarrow of colorful stones! Thanks for the uplift this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clouds streaming from the tree--perhaps you've discovered Yggdrasil, the World Tree of Norse mythology. And though the little fellow is indeed kitschy--a friendly wave is especially welcome these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small robot to do the gardening would be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first image is super uplifting Jenny, your second perfectly placed clouds and the third did indeed make me smile 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. A walk about outdoors always makes me feel better perhaps it's because i can wander socially distanced and mask-less, both good things these days.

    ReplyDelete