Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Impressionism


That familiar scene beside the rowing club, on the River Aire just above Hirst Weir, provided the basis for this impressionistic interpretation. I was prompted both by my theme for my online photo group for August, which was to produce a multiple exposure image, and by a recent Zoom presentation to my camera club, by the wonderfully creative Glenys Garnett. If you don't know her work, take a look at her website HERE. My own offering isn't in her league or even in her style but I was moderately pleased with this. I haven't done much of this kind of creative work and I'm resolved to do more.

6 comments:

  1. The effect is very pleasing and I hope that you will do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry folks...I just find this hard to look at, because I can't focus on anything but your signature. Blurry. But I do like impressionistic paintings, I wonder what the difference is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely is my word for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if you didn't think this photo was as well done as you would have liked, Jenny. It was still very nice and the muted colors added to the presentation very well.

    ReplyDelete