Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 19 September 2020

Skipton boats


There's always a lot of activity around the canal basin in Skipton: boats, ducks, tourists and shoppers congregate here. It's quite an attractive spot, with the old bridge that marks the start of the Springs Branch Canal and old warehouses now converted to restaurants and shops. I caught a snap of three gentlemen chatting. Even with face masks and Covid concerns, nothing gets in the way of a good old natter. 


 

6 comments:

  1. What a lively scene with so much going on. Not much chance of social distancing on the narrow streets of a place like Skipton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some years ago I hired one of these fine vessels and took it as far as Wigan flight. I recall the ultra stiff swing bridges made it a strenuous journey. It never stopped raining the whole week. On my return I told a Skipton man of my woes. Said he, "Eeh lad yer should have gone to Harrogate, the sun's pouring down over thea!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colourful active photos. The canal and boats are so photogenic. I still get sad when I remember that I booked a Skipton boat for a holiday but had to cancel and we never got there afterwards. Its nice to enjoy them through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look quite busy there! Most places are pretty quiet here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A place that's certainly a great photo opp with the colorful boats and bridges, but then you already knew this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete