Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 28 March 2024

Baildon's Community Garden


I had a drive up to Baildon village centre to look in the carpet shop there. I need to get my entire apartment re-carpeted, once I've redecorated. The existing floor coverings are very stained and dirty as well as not being my style or colours. (I'm not a rust/maroon gal at all!) 

It was a dull, cold, rainy day but I nevertheless walked up to the Community Garden, which is always a little oasis of calm, colour and texture. 


Swathes of winter flowering heathers bring welcome colour. 


The gardener and his dog keep an eye on proceedings. 



Camellias are in flower. These exuberant blooms always look to me like they should be summer flowers, but they brave early spring and are often browned by frosts. Not so this year; they are a little rain battered but mostly looking good. The rich colours are gorgeous. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful camellias! I got a hoot of a laugh from the gardener and dog, but also from the little critter in your first shot...next to something that looks like a grave marker in the pathway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete