Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 16 March 2024

A brief escape


My days are spent, mostly happily, getting things organised in my new home. There have been many days when I’ve had to stay in all day for various engineers/repairmen/handymen. I’ve had several delightful visits from family and friends, keen to see where I am now and/or (often) to give me a hand with something. In the last few days, since I’ve had a wi-fi connection, I’ve been notifying all and sundry of my new address. Some organisations make that an easy process and some don’t! There's a lot still to do but I’m getting nearer to the fun end of things. I will have to have a new bathroom fitted and that involves a myriad decisions. It will be a long term investment so I don’t want to get it wrong. 

If I’ve been out it has generally been on necessary errands. You wouldn’t believe the number of small things that I thought I’d carefully packed and now can’t find! Today I had to go and buy a plug adaptor in order to charge my electric toothbrush. I expect I’ll find the original tomorrow! 

Really the only leisure outing I’ve had was a walk at Bolton Abbey, on a drizzly, misty day that made for pleasantly soft and muted photos. I’m gradually resuming a more normal rhythm so I’m hopeful of a return to more frequent blogging as my outings increase. 


 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you could get out! Good for the soul. The boxes can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a nice break from the settling in activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the soft misty springtime photos which give testimony that you've broken out of your new shell of a home and are alive and well! Well, this blogger is glad to hear how things are going for you, anyway. Imagine losing the charger for your toothbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good that you got out for a bit!

    ReplyDelete