Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 10 February 2024

Staying in


Well, we've had all the weather these past few days - wind, rain, then a brief flurry of snow (far worse in the hilly areas than here, where it hardly settled), then more torrential rain and now fog! I've hardly been out, though I have plenty to keep me busy. 

For my last birthday, my daughter gifted me a Storyworth subscription. They send questions each week for you to answer online, which gradually builds into a book of your memoirs. It's been fun to do. I've used the questions as a starting point but then written in my own style. Sometimes I think: 'I can't remember anything about that'... but then the recollections begin to reveal themselves and come creeping back. Anyway, I've been trying to get it finished before I move house, as I'll have different preoccupations once I'm in my new flat and wanting to get it redecorated and organised. The long wait for a removal date has, in that way, been useful as I've had time to finish, tweak and craft the book. It's almost done. 

As for the move, hopefully it is edging nearer! My solicitor tells me she is aiming for 29 February as the completion date, though she still has to get agreement to that from my buyer and some figures from the seller's solicitor (who is the one whose tardiness has been holding things up). So... fingers crossed! 

4 comments:

  1. How great to have a memoir written, from your own words with prompts of that app. Yucky weather for sure. Our sunny days earlier in the week have brought a possibility of rain this weekend, and 60s degrees. It won't last that long, but does encourage those green shoots of daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mysterious scene indeed. I don't blame you for staying inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birthday gift wounds like the perfect thing to do when the weather prevents outdoor excursions, Jenny. I missed any posts about an upcoming move and wish you well. Are you relocating far from your present home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Storyworth sounds interesting. I've been digging around in my own memories recently, though without any organization. I like your mysterious looking photo!

    ReplyDelete