Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 3 February 2024

Rainbow glass


More colour from Salts Mill. You know how fond I am of stained glass windows. Well, coloured glassware comes a close second. I'm especially drawn to blue glass and, when I finally get into my hoped-for new apartment, I have several vases and bottles that I anticipate will sit happily on the kitchen windowsill. Given the number of pieces on display in the Antiques Centre, I could easily add to my collection. 

Some folk collect old bottles like those below. The vintage glass has a turquoise hue that is quite attractive. 



More vases, displayed so that the incoming window light makes the colours sing. 


Those who follow Alan Burnett's blog, News from Nowhere, may recognise a few of these vases. They are, it seems, still unsold and gathering dust after at least four years. Apologies to Alan for apparently 'stealing' his image. It so happens that sometimes great minds think alike! 



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I too can't resist putting colored glass in windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! Thanks for sharing (and I don't remember seeing Alan's version)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly enjoyed your photos of glass today because I have collected cobalt blue glass bottles and other items most of my life. So beautiful to walk by a windowsill showcasing the beauty of blue. Thank you! From the base of the mini-mountain in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glass glows so nicely in the windows.

    ReplyDelete