Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 15 February 2024

Progress


They seem to be making good progress on the renovation of the canal towpath. The gravel underlayer has now been tarmacked and kerbs put in. It looks like they have relaid all the stone paving slabs by the bridge. A day-glo orange-suited man was sprinkling sand (or loose cement?) and brushing it into the gaps between the pavers. He saw me taking the photo and gave me a cheery wave. 

For some reason, it reminded me of a tale I was told by my mother. When I was about two, we lived in a house with a gravel path. She caught me putting handfuls of gravel through the letter box in the front door. When she asked me what I was doing, I said 'Sprinkling'. I'd heard her talk of 'spring-cleaning' and thought that's what she meant! Anyway, Mr Path-layer was doing a great job of spring-cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stonework to walk on, as you soon will have a gravel path as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun memory for you!

    ReplyDelete