Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 2 February 2024

Colour in t'Mill


It is all so colourless outside at this time of year, so I went into Salts Mill in search of some colour to lift my spirits. 

Sewing threads in the Antiques Centre made quite a rainbow. (Note to self, next time I need any thread this is the place to come!) 


The lid of an antique sewing box had a gorgeous, iridiscent inlay of abalone shell mother of pearl. 


It was too heavy to carry or I may have been tempted by this Burmantofts Pottery jardinière (for displaying a plant), in lovely colours with an art-nouveau pattern. My spider plant would be very happy atop that. 



In the 1853 Gallery they have some covetable notebooks, along with lots of artists' materials. The paint sample card made a bright rainbow too, as did the tubes of acrylic paint. 



 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of color...definitely making up for dreary days of February. I would have wanted a handful of one or another kind! But since it's at a distance, I will just appreciate your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see all the colour. It has been cloudy and grey here for weeks until today. It makes everyone smile when the sun finally appears in winter.

    ReplyDelete