Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 29 September 2022

Drumming

Some of the music/beats in Hebden Bridge's Handmade Parade came from the local band Drum Machine, a large collective of drummers. I've featured them before on my blog when I've seen them play. I really love to hear them. My deafness means I can hear low frequencies much better than high frequencies, even with my hearing aids, so I love to hear and feel the beat, which is visceral and exciting. Added to which, the band members always look like they're having an absolute blast, egged on by their leader and Creative Director, Aid Todd. Since lockdown they have a new look, with new costumes and face paint. Fabulous! 


5 comments:

  1. I love the look! Now must find a video with the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great group! We've just started having weekly drumming, by amateurs of course, in the center of town on Fri. evenings. It probably will be canceled due to severe weather expected tomorrow from Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. I wonder if it is hard on the hearing for them?

    ReplyDelete