Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 10 September 2022

Band of gold


Sunsets in Saltaire tend to be unspectacular affairs, since our position low in the valley means that the sun sinks behind trees and hills long before it produces much colour. Anyway, my view west is blocked by houses so I rarely notice even the good ones. I do, occasionally, take a short walk in the evening and since we are now getting to the time of year when the sun sets a bit earlier, I'm more likely to witness a pretty sky. Some of them are pink and pastel. This one was bands of gold, like banners across the sky. (And now I have a song in my head - Freda Payne,1970 - geesh! It's odd how I can remember lyrics from so far back and yet not recall why I've gone upstairs when I reach the top step!) 

Now that you're goneAll that's left is a band of gold,All that's left of the dreams I holdIs a band of gold.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting old houses, with bricked over windows as changes were made. Loved that last shot with the gold clouds reflected in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have that song going in my head. ;-)

    ReplyDelete