I mentioned that I've recently joined Bingley Camera Club. It just so happened that they've had an exhibition in Bingley. It was in the splendid surroundings of Bowling Green Mills, a significant 19th century worsted mill complex in the centre of town, now owned by Damart clothing retailers. The gallery they were using was huge and well suited to such an exhibition, giving them room to display more than 250 prints.
It was a good chance for me to see the quality and variety of their work. I was impressed. They seem to have some excellent photographers among their members (as we also have in Ilkley CC). I especially liked that there was room to display some of their work as projects, with six or eight prints by one author around a theme; for instance, 'lighthouses' was one grouping that I enjoyed. I am increasingly convinced that it's good to have 'a project' or a thematic core, or some kind of limitation on one's work (maybe just using one lens, or square images or camera movement), I find this can lead to some really creative ideas and images.
I enjoyed my visit very much, got chatting to quite a few of their members and came away quite uplifted and inspired.


It looks and sounds all very good! Glad you joined them.
ReplyDelete