Another evening sky, from my balcony. At a quarter to eleven at night, it was still quite light and the sky really was the most extraordinary shade of blue. You won't be able to see it on a small screen but, just above the third 'E' in my jennyfreckles watermark, Venus is shining brightly, a tiny pinprick steadily sinking below the horizon.
It reminded me of a long-forgotten pop song, 'Venus in Blue Jeans', which reached no.4 in the British charts in 1962, a recording by Mark Wynter. Given that I was only ten, the fact that I can still remember the lyrics amazes me!
Mona Lisa with a ponytail,
She's a walkin' talkin' work of art
She's the girl who stole my heart.'

I'm loving the cool photo (just right to consider on a hot day!) as well as memories of the song.
ReplyDeleteI remember the song too. ;-)
ReplyDelete