Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Making hay...


'Make hay while the sun shines', they say. In this case, I was making hay while the sun was NOT shining - that is, going out for a morning walk while the sky was deeply overcast and the temperature quite pleasant. The sun soon burned off the haze and it got hot again later in the day. I suspect too that some of the haze is a result of smoke from the several moorland fires there have been in the valley. 

What I hadn't expected to see was a hayfield just on the edge of Saltaire. I can't say I've ever noticed these fields cut like this before. It's a small acreage where someone keeps a couple of horses; the white horse is visible, the black one is camouflaged against the dark trees. Perhaps the sun-dried grass was just too tempting to leave this year. It'll make good fodder for the winter months, I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment